Saturday, January 17, 2015

Another Blue ScrapHappy Saturday

As I visited the blogs of other participants of RSC2015, the Wonky Star block kept popping up. And the more I saw it, the more I liked it.  I found a nice tutorial over at Flutter Kat's Blog.  This is a big block.....20" finished.  Each of those squares are 4" finished.  And those are some ugly fabrics.  They came from swaps way back in the early 1990s. I can't believe I kept them. That being said, I think they look rather nice in this block.  The star is Snowmen A-Z scraps.  Can't wait for next month's color.
I am linking up to ScrapHappy Saturday with this post.

I finished binding Meadow Cosmos, but haven't had an opportunity to photograph it yet.  And I have another project underway that will be ready to show soon.

Words of Wisdom....

Hope you are staying warm where ever you are.

Take Care,
Jennie

12 comments:

  1. Jennie, your star is fantastic. And you have rid yourself of some uglies, which look great in that block incidentally :-)
    For me it was going to be this star or the twinklers, and the twinklers won because I am not really a wonky person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how you did this. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving that block, too...I like the fact that it comes out so large. Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your wonky star really brings each fabric together. This is one nice scrappy block!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this block, it turns all those "uglies" into beauties. You've inspired me to make wonky stars now :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jennie, I love your wonky star, and those fabrics are fantastic! Wonky stars will have to go on my 'want-to-someday-make'. And thanks for the link to the great tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad I am not the only one using up some fabrics from a swap back in the 90's this month. The block looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your block! Thanks for sharing the link too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your block looks fantastic! I don't think your fabrics are all so bad (in fact, I recognize several of them as being in my stash too!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your block looks fantastic! I don't think your fabrics are all so bad (in fact, I recognize several of them as being in my stash too!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely block and a colourful selection of blues in there!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that block. It's on my bucket list.

    ReplyDelete