Sunday, January 21, 2018

Slow Stitching

I am moving on to adding the connecting triangles and diamonds to the sides of the Glorious Gardens hexies.

 This is not going to be fast. First I need to lay all 94 out to determine color placement. That is going to take a large space. This is my 
Slow Sunday Stitching for today.

Received some goodies in the mail yesterday.

I really need to stop shopping....oh my!

Many of you have expressed that you really like the Nine Patch quilt that I am starting with the RSC. 

This video online talks about making it and some other  nice antique reproductions. I discovered that the original blocks are smaller than my 3” choice, which I am good with. But the other thing is that all of the nine patches in the reproduced version are made with plain muslin, with the setting blocks being shirtings. The reason for this being that the nine patches stand out better that way. I have to agree and will go back and make my nine patches with a solid. Never hurts to review the instructions first, huh?

Mattie celebrated her second adoption year with us today.

We never dreamed that this tiny baby would become 

This big girl. She has been a challenge, but we love her just the same.

Hope everyone has had a good weekend.


Take Care,
Jennie 





6 comments:

  1. Your hexie pattern is gorgeous. I have not seen a flower garden fussy cut in that pattern. It is striking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Henie block is beautiful! I love the fabrics you got in the mail, they are wonderful. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad blogger finally let me view your pictures!
    Oh, that Mattie! My how she has grown. Happy gotcha day, Mattie. You found the best home ever.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh, I really like that 9 patch. Hmmm, perhaps I should finish the last one before beginning another?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice post really ! I apperciate your blog Thanks for sharing,keep sharing more blogs.

    ดูหนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow !!! absolutely fantastic blog. I am very glad to have such useful information.

    ดูหนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete