Saturday, January 27, 2018

Another Week Has Slipped By


A recap of last week’s goals:
1. Prep and stitch first appliqué Block for “Flowers” quilt (an online group SAL).

This was the first needleturn appliqué I had done in a very long time, and I was really rusty. It took much longer than I had anticipated.

2. Start working on Glorious Gardens setting diamonds and triangles 

Got the setting triangles and diamonds stitched on five hexies...

And all of the setting diamonds and triangles cut. I far exceeded my 
One Monthly Goal for January, which was to prep the last 26 hexies. 

3. Hook one Homespun Medallion block 


4. Start stitching December’s First Friday Blocks
No progress on this one.

5. Make RSC 3” nine patches 

Went back to square one and started over so that the nine patches all have muslin. So far, have twenty two stitched and a good many more prepped and will finish them this week. Linking up to 
RSC.

One of our Prim Folk group members received permission from Linda Brannock’s daughter to share the pattern to our group for Linda’s “Flowers “ quilt.
This is the original quilt.

In order to receive the next month’s pattern, we must complete and post the current month’s block by the last day of the month. I made it in the nick of time this month.

My goals for next week:
1. Lay out the GG hexies on the design wall and get setting diamonds and triangles on row one.
2. Hook one block of Homespun Medallions.
3. Complete last of light/medium blue RSC nine patches.
4. Work on December FF blocks
5. Put first border on Lori Holt row quilt.

Christi was nominated for 2018 Coweta County Citizen of the Year. Even though she didn’t win, it was a huge honor, and we are so proud of her.

This is her with the kind gentleman who nominated her.

The grand pups, Maya and Kirby, are getting along famously.


Our old hospital friends had their quarterly lunch on Wednesday. We had a great turnout and much fun.


LOL!!


Take Care,
Jennie 

4 comments:

  1. The black really makes the brilliant flower blocks stand out. It is going to be a beautiful quilt.
    Good to see you participating in the Flowers quilt sew-along. I already had my top done or I would be too. I like your vase fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for taking the time to visit and for leaving your comment. : )
    I love the name of your blog- it makes me smile. Your posts are full of inspiration and beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great progress! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennie,
    Your weekly goals sure are working for you. I'm amazed at all you are accomplishing!
    What an honor for Christi to be nominated. My heart breaks when I think about what she has been through at such a young age.
    The grandpups are just adorable.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete