Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Quilty 365....or Not

You might have noticed that I haven't posted anything about my Quilty 365 circles in awhile. It is not because I have completely abandoned them. I continue to stitch them at a slower pace. (Linking up with Kathy for Slow Stitching Sunday).


As I thought about this project, I knew that 365 circle/squares were going to result in a larger finished quilt than I really wanted. In addition, I wasn't attracted to the pressure of completing one per day. I did, however, thoroughly enjoy choosing the fabrics for the circles and backgrounds, as well as a leisurely approach to the mindless stitching involved.  So, that is what I will do....I will have fun with this project and, when it says "Done" to me, it will be done.

As I am working through organizing my scraps, I am finding some great circle candidates, and cutting them out as I go.
So I have plenty waiting in the wings when I am ready.

Though dismally behind on the Sara Fielke BOM, I have been stitching some leaves on the connector blocks.

Summer finds me in the kitchen a bit more than usual, as the garden's bounty calls for attention.
These Roma tomatoes will be ready for the freezer by tomorrow.
And this big, yellow heirloom tomato is ready for eating.......
On a slice of homemade bread.

Little Mattie is still a baby, who doesn't quite realize her size (at 7 months) doesn't lend to being a lap dog!
And, I think that her daddy doesn't mind.

The past two weeks bring the wisdom of these words to mind....
Take Care,
Jennie

3 comments:

  1. Love the cowboy fabric you used for a circle. A fun print.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not kept up with the 365 blocks for similar reasons. It is a fun idea but the daily piece was too much during the school year. I love stitching circles so I do a few now and then too. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your are making your own unique version of 365 that fits with your life and schedule... enjoy!

    ReplyDelete