Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Oklahoma Backroads

TThe second Bonnie Hunter class was Oklahoma Backroads, a free quilt pattern over at Quiltville.
This quilt is VERY scrappy, almost chaotically so. I knew that in order to have a quilt that I would love, I would have to do a planned scrappy quilt, and I love the result.
These are my first four blocks. I have chosen scrappy blacks, golds and neutrals, all from stash. Can you see the secondary star pattern starting to take shape??

And these are the blocks from everyone in the class, all arranged together...

Class fun....




Angie's cool vintage machine...
Love the color!!

Class show and tell....










Another fun day....thanks Bonnie Hunter and the Common Threads Quilter's Guild.

Take Care,
Jennie

2 comments:

  1. What talent!!! Love the start of your planned scrappy quilt. Great colors.
    Quilt on :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have to do a planned scrappy quilt too.
    That Ford Deluxe sewing machine has a name that ought to have been a car. Never have seen one of those.

    ReplyDelete