Monday, May 11, 2015

Lucy Boston...A Plan

A couple of weeks ago I did a little math, resulting in a plan for completing my Lucy Boston blocks. The math is, that if I complete one block per week, I should have all 56 of my POC blocks completed by mid January, 2016. That includes attaching all of the borders to each block.
I recently went back and added borders to the blocks  that I have completed thus far....quite an undertaking. Adding as you go is much better. I will also continue making the setting squares as I go, but there will still be a considerable amount of work left after the blocks are complete. I am thinking that summer of 2016 might see my top finished. I would be thrilled with that. I am sure I could finish much more quickly if I only worked on these blocks, but that just isn't me.

Here is my recent progress......

Block #18

Block#19

Block #20

I am not sure about #20.....it could be too bright. Will just have to wait and see them all together.

Today I cut out four more blocks and have them ready to prep. This week's block is prepped and ready to stitch. I have a rug hooking class three days this week, and our guild Hook In on Saturday, so finding the time to stitch could be a challenge.

Ain't it the truth????

Take Care,
Jennie 

3 comments:

  1. Not seen this block before. Is it pieced by hand, EPP? Lovely, lovely work sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not seen this block before. Is it pieced by hand, EPP? Lovely, lovely work sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three days of rug hooking class and a hook in. Sounds like heaven to me :)
    Your blocks are lovely!!!
    Hugs,
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete