Sunday, May 31, 2015

Another Slow Stitching Sunday .....

Has almost come and gone.

The morning found me finishing the week's Lucy Boston POC block on the back porch. Kathy requested that we photograph our stitching where we were working. No problem there, I post many photos from my favorite spot here.

The late afternoon was spent honoring the memory of a dear cousin in a town where I spent much of my childhood, and so I am late posting tonight.

This is Lucy Boston #22.....
It is a simple but very sweet block. I worried a bit about losing those outside light colored honeycombs into the background, but the little stripe and central flowers were able to stand out just enough.

Lucy Boston #23....
And a little setting block with this one.  Sometimes there isn't enough fabric to garner one of these, and so I have been cutting two from the fabric scraps of some blocks.

As the month draws to a close, I don't really feel that I have been very productive, but sometimes it helps to write it down.
* completed two hooked purses at Kathie's class
*6 Sampler blocks for RSC 2015 (3 for this month and 3 to catch up)
*1 green wonky star block
*2 green Postage Stamp star blocks 
*Embroidered Santa on one Christmas block
*hooking on Little Scrappers dog rug
* QOV blocks for Sew Crazies (20+)
*6 Lucy Boston POC blocks.......plus I have cut out about ten or twelve more.

So, only two real finishes, but lots of bits and pieces.  This month I will go to rug camp for a week...and start yet another new project. But that is what you do at rug camp. I will try to keep up with my goal of one Lucy block per week, and to keep up with the RSC2015 blocks (light blue is the new color of the month). And I will finish the Little Scrappers rug.....I only lack binding it. Anything else will be icing on the cake.

Hope all of you out there in blogland have a wonderful week ahead.

Some Southern sentiment from a true Southern girl....

Take Care,
Jennie

4 comments:

  1. Your blocks are wonderful! Looks like you have a great place to enjoy your slow stitching

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely place to stitch! Enjoy! Your blocks do look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm lovin' Lucy Boston #23.
    Lucky you another rug camp!!!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful job. Love our little stitching area.

    ReplyDelete