Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmas Blessings

This Christmas has been one of the best.  Filled with love, fun and the realization of the importance of the beautiful memories that we are making.  We are blessed and grateful for life, family, friends and Jesus, the Reason for the Season.

Among my favorite gifts are those that are handmade.  

This sweet needlepoint ornament is especially dear, as it was made for me by daughter, Christi.  This is only her second piece, and I think she did a great job.  She knows how I love birds.

I won these in the gift exchange with our hooking group.  The most talented Diane wove them, stuffed them with wonderfully fragrant lavender and crocheted the edging.  How lucky was I to win them??

Months ago several of us friends bought the pattern for this sheep with a blanket of the month (Buttermilk Basin).  Kathie made hers and we all coveted it, but just didn't seem to be able to get ours done.  Now we have no excuse, as Kathie made us a sheep and a starter blanket!!  Love it.

While visiting at Debi's house a few weeks ago, I saw this adorable wallhanging (Country Threads pattern) and admired it.  Little did I know that I would receive it as a gift!!

We celebrated with my girls and their families last Sunday.  It was a great day.  Christmas is so much fun when children are involved!

Ready to chow down.....Blake was taking the photo.

Blake



Macy and Santa Robert.
Rob, Robert and Sara Ashley


Ashley & Christi

Jackson

Christi with a special Patti Beck Santa

Ashley with her Patti Beck Santa.

The girls and me.

Matt and Macy.

And yesterday morning Blake's family came for brunch and gifts.

Everyone except Colten, who was in Florida.

Blake and John.

Dillon

Dillon, Pop and Christopher with their life support :-)

GRATITUDES:
Taking time out for things that really matter.
Hugs.
Happy chickens free ranging in the garden.

Take care,
Jennie


3 comments:

  1. I've had that same sheep pattern with blankets for months and have not done anything with it. Good intentions though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is adorable. Warning, though, my friend altered the size of the sheep's nose. She said it was enormous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful pictures and such a beautiful family. It looks like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete