Friday, August 14, 2015

Preparing for Class

In a little over a week, hooker friend, Kathie Meyers will be teaching a group of us a class based on her great instructional book....
We will be hooking a smaller version of the rug on the cover. We will learn reverse hooking, chain stitch, Herringbone stitch and Kalem stitch. It requires that you get the majority of the rug hooked prior to class. I, of course, have waited till the last minute.....queen of procrastination here.
Yesterday I got inspired, and have made considerable progress.
The basket will be reverse hooked with chain stitched handles and outline. The top and bottom edges will be Herringbone and the ends will be fringed with Kalem stitch.  I almost never use a light background, but I rather like it on this piece....and I have lots of light yardage I need to use.

Last night we went to see Jackson play Flag Football. He did a great job and ran for two touchdowns!

Sara Ashley started back to school ....eighth grade already.  She has really grown up since last year.
This is a photo her mom posted on FB.

This little lady is keeping me company tonight while her parents and brother are gone to the Braves game.

And I am stitching the binding down on the UFO.


Take Care,
Jennie

No comments:

Post a Comment