Saturday, August 10, 2013

More Summer Blooms

Summer Blooms #8 & 9 are completed.  Number 10 arrived in the mail today........sigh.

 Summer Blooms 8

Summer Blooms 9


Love Grows in my  Garden is a finish!!!



And the Second Saturday Sampler is set and waiting for me to make a backing and cut batting.  I can mark it off the August list for now.  Hopefully it will go to see Debi for quilting next week.  Feels good, though, to have this much done on it.



This is the Jo's Little Women top that I cut the backing and binding for a couple of days ago.  I just might quilt it myself........it really isn't very large.



I also made backings for three other UFOs.  Will try to get photos of those up tomorrow.  Now I need to get back to the Words to Live By blocks before I fall too far behind.

GRATITUDES:
Talented friends who generously share their skills and knowledge.
Formations of clouds in dazzling colors.......how can you not believe there is a God!
Awakening to old dogs snuggled up close.

Take care,
Jennie

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting your summer bloom blocks! I still have mine in bags waiting to be done. Yours are superb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stitching is wonderful on your blocks! I am new to wool applique and am not quite as even as you are. Hopefully I'll get there with practice. I really enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the stitching on top of the wool flowers. Added dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thx, everyone. My stitching is far from perfect, but the wool is very forgiving.

    ReplyDelete