Thursday, April 4, 2013

April.......Really?????

My goodness, where did the end of March go?  April is a really big month around our house.  My sister, three of the grandchildren, one of the children and numerous friends celebrate birthdays this month......in addition to me!!   I can't believe that I am now Medicare age.......how crazy is that?


Ten projects were finished in March......not bad.  Only one was a UFO, but on a positive note, all of the string blocks were made from stash.  This little bunny pillow was not on the list, but made up quickly and was a fun addition to my Easter decor.  The cutouts for the leaves and bunny were purchased, but the background, backing and buttons all came from stash.



The March Sally Post blocks were finished on schedule and I finally selected fabric for the setting triangles and sashings.  I broke down and bought the fabric because I just wasn't happy with what I had in stash. Most of the applique will continue to be from stash with a few pieces of the new fabrics thrown in to make it flow.



My Family Redwork BOM doesn't meet again until the end of April.  At that point we are to have all of the embroidery done and will work on setting the embroidery into blocks for the quilt.  My goal for March was to finish six of the eight square blocks, and that was accomplished (please forgive the photo, as I didn't get the blocks pressed).  This month I will finish the last two square blocks and the larger center block before class.  I am changing some of the blocks up a bit to suit my actual family, and it has been fun.


I hope to get Love Letters set and into flimsy stage in April.  The goal for Primitive Garden is to get five blocks prepped.  I didn't get anything done on Garden Baskets in March, so I will play catch up on that one this month......the blocks are tiny, so it should be easy.

I took the Scroll Runner off the list for awhile.  I was a bit burned out on it.  In addition, I am attending a Hooking Retreat in Tennessee this w/e, and I wanted to take something less intense and not so large to work on.  As you can see, I added the (UFO) Checkerboard Hooked Rug (Semper Fi series by Polly Minnick) and Albany Sampler (by Susan Quicksall) to the list.  The Polly Minnick rug is almost finished and I can definitely get all of the hooking done on it this w/e.  Albany Sampler, a UFO from Susan's class at the ATHA convention in New Orleans a number of years ago, is barely started but is something I want to finish and isn't too terribly large.  Seems like everything I have hooked recently has been huge and I really need a break from the biggies.  So........those were added to the list.

Another UFO (started at Lisa Bonjean's workshop last Fall), Primitive Gatherings' wool appliqué runner "Patiently Waiting" is another addition to the April list.  I will also take this one with me to the retreat, but am not sure I will get to work on it there.  I do plan to finish it this month, however.

The woven scarf is about 3/4 finished and will easily come off the loom this month.

Eight of the Blackwork blocks are finished.  My goal is to finish all of the blocks, get them set and into flimsy status by the end of the month.

As you can see, I have ambitious plans.  I just hope that I can keep focused and make most of the anticipated progress.  The chalkboard list is definitely helping.  What will be a challenge is the temptation of gardening as the weather gets warmer.........that dark, moist soil will be calling my name.....and all of those weeds that need pulling :-))

GRATITUDES:
The first hummingbird of Spring at the back porch feeder.
Lots of fresh eggs.
Birthdays.

Take care,
Jennie

2 comments:

  1. A sweet, sweet bunny. The button trim surrounding him a nice element to the design. You got a lot done during March. I wish I could have accomplished more than I did...even though I got quite a bit done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess we are never satisfied.......sigh. You get TONS done!!!

    ReplyDelete