Sunday, January 8, 2017

Random Scrap Challenge 2017-Purple

This is the first Rainbow Scrap Challenge link up of 2017...the color of the month is purple.  Purple isn't my favorite color, but I decided to dip into my CW repro fabrics and kill two birds with one stone. You see, I am participating in the Temecula Quilt Company Mini of the Month , so I will use purple for this month's mini.  This is the quilt...
 
Here are the scraps I pulled...
 
And here is my little top all ready to hand quilt!
 

I also finished Number 3 UFO, the first one of the year..woop woop!!  I made binding, trimmed and stitched the binding for a guild charity quilt that had languished at my house for over six months.
 

Here are more of my Santas by Patti Beck, whose studio is Herbs & Clay Pottery in Sharpsville, IN. She doesn't have a website, but does have a FB page.
 
Save the Bees, a cause dear to Patti's heart.
 
Santa with cardinal and wreath.
 Santa with quilt.
 Santa with nativity.
 
Birdland Santa.
 
And the specially made Can't Never Could Santa in honor of Rob and Christi's nonprofit.

Off to watch more of "The Man in the High Castle ". 
Lauren got me hooked on this one.

 

Take Care,
Jennie 

7 comments:

  1. Cute litte mini and it looks good in purple. Love your Santas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you were able to kill two birds with one stone. Repo purples are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the #3 UFO accomplishment. I think those purples are pretty and that wasn't my favorite color either.....until taking a class with Barb Carroll and have become endeared to purple since. Hey, I think my house must be haunted too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mini of the Month Club sounds interesting!! Good for you in choosing to combine that with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. That was smart thinking!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not a purple person, either, but I adore your little mini!
    Congrats on already finishing a UFO!!!
    Those Santas are just so wonderful and the Can't Never Could guy is heartwarming.
    Glad you are enjoying MitHC. Season 2 gets kind of weird but still riveting.
    Happy Sunday and happy you are not snowed in.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choices for triangle colors. I'm looking forward to hearing about the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. great idea to do a mini quilt for the rainbow challenge... I love yours
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete