Sunday, January 29, 2017

Can it be????

I can hardly believe it is almost the end of January!!!! Where does the time go?

I have made a little progress here and there and am pressing to meet my January goals....we'll see.

I actually hooked a little bit last week. I can only manage about thirty minutes at a go, but I was able to complete five rectangles.
 
It is hard to appreciate progress on such a large rug, but moving forward slowly is better than not at all.  I really have to do something about that bright white.

Cozy Christmas has seen significant progress, too.
 
Only two borders to go. It could happen before Wednesday.

I am participating in 
Temecula's Wild Goose Wednesday.  It only requires 8 Flying Geese a week.
 
I am going with reds and creams/tans. My favorites.
 
Temecula is using a technique that turns out 2 1/2" x 5" Geese. I prefer to use the Easy Angle and Companion angle rulers, resulting in 2 1/2" x 4 1/2" Geese. Since it will be set in rows, I don't anticipate it mattering.  And I can cut all of the components from the 2 1/2" strips that I've been garnering from my scraps. I am fine if this scrappy antique reproduction quilt turns out a bit smaller. Or I can always add an additional row.

And my amazing, fearless Macy!!!
 
Performing as a flyer on the Senior Team.
 With her Mom after her Junior Team won First Place!

GRATITUDES:
  • Winter sunlight breaking through the trees.
  • Church sermon based on the construction of a quilt.
  • A whole row filled with my family at church.
 

Take Care,
Jennie

4 comments:

  1. I see you are making the geese. I thought about stitching some too but there just aren't enough hours in the day. Are you making them in Temecula's method? I probably would have done rectangles and squares.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that rug you are working on and agree about that stark white. What are the dimensions of the rug again?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your gorgeous rug! 30 minutes a day is the way I am making progress forward, these day, also!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Macy is just adorable!
    Lovin' your rug and those flying geese!!!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete