Saturday, March 14, 2015

American Fancies

Whoohoo!!! I just pulled up my last loop on American Fancies. 
The colors are much richer than this, but this was the best I could do in artificial lighting tonight.
This one was started last year at Caraway in Jeanne Benjamin's class. The pattern is an adaptation of an antique by Eric Sandberg.

Why does this always happen when you finish a rug?
Now to get it blocked and ready to bind at retreat next week.

This week has been a hodgepodge of projects.  I prepped enough background honeycombs for the remaining four finished Lucy Boston blocks. I also got three Lucy blocks and 4 Little Gem blocks cut
out. These are the Little Gems that I haven't posted yet.


And these Six Pointed stars...


I also finished the redwork on Santa #4, although I am thinking that I really need to add some names to his "Nice"list.....like maybe mine. Just kidding....or not;-)



I recently won this great pattern from Norma Whaley over at Timeless Traditions. Have been wanting to do something with orange peels, and I think this is the perfect choice.

Also got this little giftie from Minnick and Simpson.
I have never tried a Hera marker. No excuse now not to give it a go.

There is more, but it is late and I am tired.


Take care,
Jennie 




9 comments:

  1. Jennie-LOVE your rug!!! Hope I get to see it in person at Caraway this year. Have a great Sunday! -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Jennie you have been busy! That rug is absolutely gorgeous. Eleven more working days and then I'll be freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I hope we can get together one day to play. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your rug looks great and colors look good to me. And yes, why is it when we put a rug down on the floor our four legged friends think it is a resting place for them. They plop right down on them. Enjoy your Sunday.

    Saundra

    ReplyDelete
  4. The rug design is very elegant. It must have taken a lot of time and patience to accomplish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely LOVE the rug! Beautiful colorway! I received the same gift from Minick & Simpson... the hera marker is very helpful. I've been admiring the runner pattern from Norma... waiting to finish up a few more things before I purchase the pattern! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your rug is stunning! Yes, our furbabies do enjoy our rugs :)
    Hugs,
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jennie - Your sampler rug is breathtaking - I love the colors and the beautiful floral motifs - thanks for sharing your picture with us. Looks like you have lots of different projects going on - and lucky you on your wins!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That rug is so beautiful, just takes my breath away!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That rug is so beautiful, just takes my breath away!

    ReplyDelete