Sunday, April 1, 2012

The jury is still out......

on Just Takes 2, that is.  The blocks are not as much fun as I had hoped.  In fact, some of them are quite a struggle for me.  Feathered Star took me three evenings.  That is too long to spend on something that I don't love.  That being said, I have made a commitment in time already, and I do like the blocks that are done.  But I have no intention of doing the fussy block in Set 6.......and I am two weeks behind.  So, I have decided to substitute another block the same size, but less difficult......and I will do that every time they have a block that I don't want to spend days on.  I will still have a red and white quilt of the same feel as this one, but it will be uniquely my own, and I will not have struggled so to make it.  It sounds like a win-win.  We will see.  I have already been to Quilter's Cache and chosen a block to make.  I might even get caught up.


Karen on my Prim Yahoo group has jumped into the Album Quilt of Ohio's Miami Valley, so several of us exchanged blocks with her, as we did in the original group.  Hers is the sweet little basket block on the left.  My pinwheel block goes out in the mail to her tomorrow.  She is an incredibly prolific quilter, and I suspect her quilt will be finished long before mine.


My clematis are stunning this year.  I wish I had kept up with the names of them, but I didn't.  Funny, they are all varying shades of purple.  Don't know how that happened.


A friend shared these sweet little shamrocks with me a couple of years ago.  They have spread and are doing well.  I love the old fashioned look of them.  And they are tolerant of the Georgia heat.....and droughts.


I signed up to participate in Lynda Hall's Block Party this year.  The blocks will be turned into quilts and auctioned for Quilts for a Cause.  She has done this for several years, but this is the first time I have participated.  The blocks went together quickly.......which was good, since I waited till the last minute to do mine.  They will go out in the mail tomorrow, too.


That is it for tonight.

GRATITUDES:
 Working in the yard and enjoying the beautiful spring growth all around.
Cold doggie noses.
A little granddaughter who is growing up to be quite a young lady.

Take care,
Jennie

1 comment:

  1. I sent quilt blocks to Lynda Hall too - can't wait to see the finished projects!

    ReplyDelete