I am chugging along on my projects and feel pretty pleased with my progress. The little Twelve Days of Christmas Quilt is machine quilted and bound. Now just have to find the perfect place to display it.
The first set of Just Takes 2 is done. I used 4 different muslins and 4 different reds....I am mixing them up right from the start since I have pledged to make this quilt entirely from stash. Instead of redwork on the 9 Patch Variation, I chose to fussy cut a toile print. I added a redwork bird's nest (yes, it really is dark red, though you can't tell it in the photo) to the Square in a Square. The design is from Simple Pleasures in Redwork by Kathy Schmitz.
The Disappearing Nine Patch is growing. It looks a little wavy in the photo, but that is because the blocks are just on the design wall, not assembled. I am doing the 4 patch units as leaders and enders as I assemble the more complex units, which is speeding up the work a bit.
On Tuesday I started a beginner's weaving class.......like I need another hobby. It was, however, something I have always been interested in and just never had the opportunity to try. Well, the opportunity presented itself, and I just couldn't turn it down. Mind you, I know nothing about weaving other than you do it on a loom and I love the results. The first lesson consisted of familiarizing ourselves with the equipment, wrapping the warp and dressing the loom. Next time I will actually start weaving a little sampler. I am excited!
Yesterday I helped Blake (mostly I cleaned up behind him) while he made homemade brunswick stew, BBQ pork and sauce. He used his father's old recipe which he had recently located. The recipe was for enough to fill a washpot, so we had to figure out how to cut it down. It was pretty darned good for a first try!
The doggies got new toys from Dollar Tree this week. They were plush-type stuffed balls. I know better. Poppy sees plush toys as prey..........she gathers them all together and then goes for the kill. It must be exhausting!