Wednesday, January 15, 2020

PHD 2020 Update

Today is the 15th, time for the mid month check in for the Projects Half Done. Check in at this link and see what others have done. 

I worked on three of the 14 on my list...1, 2, and 9. Read about my progress below......

I am excited to say that I have my first quilt top finish for 2020!!!  I had been putting off adding the borders to Pecking Order for several months. Why?? I hate handling the quilt top as it gets larger. I like blocks...I know, crazy. This afternoon I told myself that this was absolutely ridiculous. It took me about an hour and a half from cutting and measuring to putting the finished top on the design wall.

It feels so good to mark that off the list!! This was #2 on my list.

#1, Hearts has seen a little progress. Several blocks are ready to stitch, and more are in the works.

I would like to have 60 of the 120 required  blocks finished by month’s end. 45 are already complete, so that seems doable.

Month five of Happy Hexies arrived this week.

They’ve been cut out and are ready to prep the Hexies.

The third UFO that I worked on was #9, Liberty Periodical. You can see that one in my previous post.

I am moving right along with Designer 2018 BOM, a 2020 start. This is number four, and five is cut out and ready for stitching.

The first four together.

The colors aren’t really true. They remind me of sherbet.

I finally dug out a pic of Roxie and started working on her for the Readers rug.

This is difficult for me, and I can only work on it a little at the time.

Mattie is overseeing my progress on the two Appliquéd Mary Brown blocks that are my OMG for this month.

I will hopefully have them done by the 30th, when we all show our progress.  Since I will be going to NC for Eric’s Master Rug Hooking Class on the 28th, I decided that waiting until the last minute wasn’t a great idea.


Take Care,
Jennie


6 comments:

  1. You are doing a great job on Roxie but yes, it is intimidating!!! What cut is that?
    What a sweet pic of Mattie. Is she finally settling down or still very much the puppy?
    The 28th will be here tout de suite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it crazy how much time it takes to put borders around a quilt? I am always surprised by it. And, it seems to take me forever to put a quilt on the frames. Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mattie looks so darn adorable, makes me want to kiss her between the eyes. Miss mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate putting on borders too! So many tops just waiting for that last final step. Great job on moving one of those buggers to the finished pile. Your other projects are really pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job. Isn't it fun to make some progress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jennie, you're off to a great start with your PHD progress! You've got a lot going on, but with progress all around! Well done!
    Thanks for linking up to PHD in 2020 progress report!
    Happy Quilting! :-)

    ReplyDelete