Thursday, January 30, 2020

Mary Brown Check In

I am in N.C. at a rug hooking class, and I almost forgot about checking in with my Mary Brown progress. 

I met my goal of two more blocks this month....yay! This was my OMG, so I am doubly glad to have achieved this.
Here are my blocks.....




And the completed blocks added to the upper left section....


Looks like I need to add some blues and purples in the next blocks. I will be shooting for the next two blocks in February, as I work myself across the top section of this quilt.

Please be sure to visit my partners in this journey to see their progress.

Karen – Log Cabin Quilter(Lead)
Cathy – Biglakequilter
Julie K –  Juliekquilts
Robin –   solsticestudio
Nanette – Doitrightquilter
Jan – Nanette will show her progress on her blog

Not much of a choice here...lol.



Take Care,
Jennie

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful work!! I love how the vine travels over those blocks your applique is so gorgeous thanks for sharing and for the smile;))) hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennie your blocks turned out so beautiful. I love your fabric choices. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful blocks! I really like how you used two fabrics in the upper right and lower left flowers. Also the fabric in the center on the second block. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You used interesting fabrics for the bird. I like that. And your fussy cut flower center was a good choice too. You are making good progress, Jennie. I am so glad to have you in our little sew-along group.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, your Mary Brown blocks are lovely. I have that same fabric as the bird's lower wing. I've always liked it. I love the red floral center framed by the red leafy fabric. You do such nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous quilt!!!
    Looking forward to seeing your new rug start!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your applique blocks are awesome! Can't wait to see the finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete