Monday, September 2, 2019

The Shepherd

Yesterday Blake and I went to Jam’n at the Farmer’s Market in search of supplies to install a fountain birdbath. We had never been to Jam’n and were surprised and pleased by their service and with all of the unique items they carry. We were professionally helped with our fountain supplies, including tips on installation. And then there was this.....



Isn’t this just so sweet?? I fell in love and Blake obliged by gifting it to me. He graces my newest garden bed, awaiting the company of some lovely plantings.

I have been online friends with Karen at 
Log Cabin Quilter for ages. She does the most incredible appliqué, and lots of it. She and a few others have just finished the Dearest Boy quilt by Jean Cerbone (available on Etsy), and have called out for anyone interested in joining their next quilt along. They will be stitching Remembering Mary Brown by Corliss Searcey, available over at Sentimental Stitches(follow the link for a photo and more info). Can I just say, both beautiful and overwhelming! However.... I know..... but I have been thinking for awhile now that I should stitch something worthy of the time and effort a quilt requires. Something challenging and beautiful. Well, folks, this is it....packed into a package requiring me to be accountable, which is no small thing. I have committed, ordered the pattern and background fabric. I am already behind for the September start, but hopefully everything will arrive this week. Wish me well....lol.

Prayers for all of those in the path of Dorian...especially dear friend, Julia.

Just saying....

Take Care,
Jennie 

2 comments:

  1. OMG, Jennie... I often fall asleep quickly but when I wake up in the middle of the night can't seem to fall back to sleep. My brain won't stop working ~ thinking of things which need to be done, appointments coming up and it just runs into the next thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Shepherd is too sweet. Looking forward to your fountain birdbath.
    Praying that Edisto Island is spared....along with the rest in its path.

    ReplyDelete