Monday, September 30, 2019

OMG & Mary Brown

Today was D-Day for two of my projects. Whew!!!

I’m linking up at 
Elm Street Quilts for my September OMG. Finished hooking Ric Rac this afternoon. Would have been done earlier but I had to do a little reverse hooking as I got my final border off the hooking line. Ughhhhhh. 

It’s repaired now and ready to block and bind. It was way past time for a finish on this one.

I got off to a late start on . 
Celebrating Mary Brown.  When I saw this one, I knew I would like to do it with a group to keep me motivated, and these ladies kindly welcomed me in. By the time I received the pattern and background fabric, it was mid month. I got all of the 10 1/2” background blocks cut out (there were 51, if I recall correctly). And I made a good start on the four blocks.

The fourth is underway. Then I will trim and join them so that I can add the stems which overlap into the three corner blocks. Go visit these ladies to see their work....
Karen,
and Jan (no blog but Nanette will share pics.
Hopefully I will get these done this week. They are challenging blocks.

Macy’s JV cheer team won 3rd at a recent competition. Way to go girls!!


My farmer...





Take Care,
Jennie


8 comments:

  1. Your rug is magnificent!!!!!! An now the dreaded but most important part of binding so you can use it. Great work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful!! Just lovely applique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ric Rac is wonderful. Congrats on finishing it in September.
    Congratulations also to Macy and her team. Great accomplishment.
    That is one handsome farmer :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made good progress on Mary Brown given the shorter time you had the pattern and fabric available for you to start on the project. It will be enjoyable seeing how all of us interpret the blocks with our fabric choices and pattern parts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've done a lot for only having the pattern a two weeks. Your pineapple block is wonderful. That block looks tricky. Your rug is delightful, what a lot of work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blocks. Can't wait to see more. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Ric Rac Rug is just wonderful--love it! I'm looking forward to seeing the Mary Brown blocks come together--such a fun way for all of you to stay motivated!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty Jennie - I can hardly wait until my eyes are settled down from the Cataract surgery - maybe by the 30th of October I will have some things completed!

    ReplyDelete