Sunday, October 8, 2017

Rainy Sunday

The tropical storms afforded us some much needed rain today....and a good excuse to stay in jammies and just generally take it easy. A much needed break from a hugely busy couple of weeks.

Today I finally arrived here on the Moda Designer Mystery BOM....

This is row one with the surrounding strips and sashing attached. Upon examination of the finishing kit, it became immediately apparent that I needed to add the flying geese surround units and sashing units as I went or it was going to take forever and get awfully boring at the end. For those of you making this quilt, note that I intentionally swapped Blocks 1 and 3. I just didn’t care for the orientation of the flower in Block 1....it faced outwards...so I switched it to my liking.

This is Block 4, which means I am at least up to date on this BOM.


Yesterday was our Master Gardener Fall Plant Sale. I was co-chair. The weather was gorgeous, we had over 3500 wonderful plants,  plenty of friendly volunteers and great customers. We made over $5000, so we were thrilled....and exhausted.

Doesn’t it look great??

On Friday we gave Amy her prenuptial rehearsal party....

And allowed her to sneak off to the beach on Saturday for the real thing.


These guys are enjoying some time in the mountains along with the Horne family.


This is where I am....emotionally and physically. In need of the kind of rest that can only be afforded by our Father:


Take Care,
Jennie

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your plant sale. The amount of cash raised is a real WOW!
    So nice to see Rob and family enjoying time in the mountains.
    Did I miss something? Who is Amy?
    Pug hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the setting you are using for the pieced quilt blocks.

    ReplyDelete