Wednesday, October 18, 2017

A Surprise

A few days ago I had a nice surprise from Judy, a quilt guild friend. A while back I donated a large stack of scrappy red and cream nine patches to the guild. I had made them as leaders and enders several years ago and no longer had an interest in the project for which they were originally intended. Imagine my delight in seeing them used so artfully to make this wonderful Quilt of Valor!!

Way to go, Judy!! And thanks for sharing the results.

Today was our quarterly Old Folks from the Hospital lunch.

We had a great time catching up...as usual. So much fun to be able to do this.

I recently went to a gardening symposium and had the opportunity to see ....
Felder Rushing.  What fun!! If you ever have the opportunity to see him, do it.

This was the garden he planted in the bed of his vintage truck.










Take Care,
Jennie

4 comments:

  1. That Quilt of Valor is gorgeous! You must be so proud to have had a part in it and an inspiration for it. Someone is going to be thrilled to receive it for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love that quilt!!!
    That pickup truck must be so wonderful in person. I'm sure the pictures don't do it justice.
    Great pic of Rob and his furbaby. Except for the ears, she reminds me of my Ellie.
    xoxo
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it exciting to see your rejects turn up in a wonderful quilt! I have given away lots of similar type things and every now and then I get to see a finished result of something I was tired of.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed over read your blog post.
    Your blog have nice information, I got good idea from this amazing blog.
    I am always searching like this type blog post. I hope I will see again…
    ตารางคะแนน

    ReplyDelete