Sunday, September 25, 2016

Slow Sunday Punching

DFinished punching Santa.(Linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching). Think that I will attach him to a band of red and white ticking to go around my pretty letter basket.
Am thinking he needs a bit of antiquing.

Then I prepped two Halloween Pillows. The kit for these guys was purchased last year, but I never got around to making them. I needed something simple to work on tomorrow when Kathie, Laura and I get together, and this fit the ticket. The pattern is by Maggie B.

I also did a bit more organizing in my sewing room, sorting through the patriotic, novelty, Easter and Fall fabrics as well as the homespuns. The scrappy pieces are being set aside to cut up a bit at a time. No more marathon cutting for this poor wrist!
Now, on to the 30s and Modas....then the yardage. The end is in sight.

Jackson is playing baseball in a tournament team this fall, in addition to his regular team. This weekend was their first tournament, and they came in second!
Their prize....a ring...just like the Super Bowl players receive!!!

LOL!!!!!
Take Care,
Jennie



5 comments:

  1. your projects are great- thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Santa is a delight! Good job.
    The fall pillows suit my frame of mind this weekend. I began prepping an applique block in fall colors. Now I am in the mood to do some kind of pumpkin design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so want to learn to needle punch. I have everything and tried but it was a mess. I need to take a class. Love love the Santa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Santa is wonderful and the Halloween appliques are just plain fun!
    Your quote cracked me up but I would substitute fabric with wool...lol!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Santa looks ready for Christmas! Such fun pillows. And I want to look through your fabric, Jennie. Your photo shows an interesting collection. Cute grandson. Congrats to him and his team on their 2nd place win.
    --Nancy. (ndmessier @ aol.com, joyforgrace.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete