Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Vintage

Last week I made a test block for this pattern....
Vintage, by Camille Roskelley, from this book....

Though not really a "modern " quilter, I love Bonnie & Camille and their translation of modern.  The instructions in this book are simple, the blocks are mostly large, but they evolve from traditional quilts. A win win for a quilter like me.

Here are my first two blocks, which are 20 1/4" unfinished (12 blocks make the quilt)...


And together...
Camille's quilt is red and grey, but I have little grey in my stash, and this will be a stash quilt....so, red and tan it will be.
It is all cut and ready to go. And there are no seams to match!!!!

Last night I double seamed 47 pet beds closed and have them ready to donate.
But then Sandy brought six or seven more bags of scrap that needs to be sorted and cut up, so I will wait to get that made up into beds before I donate them. Hopefully that will happen by the end of the week.

Wise words and oh so true.
Take Care,
Jennie

No comments:

Post a Comment