Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Caraway Rug Show Part 1

There were so many wonderful rugs at the show this year. It is always a great inspiration and learning experience to see what everyone else is doing, even if it might not be your style. I apologize for not getting names on some of these rugs. My memory doesn't serve me so well and there was so much to see.

This sweet pine cone mat was small, but so well done. Looks as if you could reach out and pick the cone up . And I love the red background .

This is Jan King's American Fancies rug with an amazing 35 squares. She has used lots of textures and different backgrounds. I love the many options for hooking this rug....each unique and beautiful.

Nancy Parcell hooked this rug called Zig Zag. I love everything about it.

A beautiful, classic primitive, Cape Ann, by Marilyn Price.

Another great large scale primitive with a light background by Nancy P.

Solomon's Bouquet, hooked and designed by Diane Gill....based on an antique coverlet. The colors in this rug are so rich and peaceful. And it has a braided finish!

Don't know designer or hooker on this one, but I love it. Reminds me of a quilt.

How cute is this? Think you can read the tag.

Lovely cottage. Wouldn't it be fun to travel there?

The Gleaners.....don't know the hooker, but whoever did such a nice job.

Kathie Meyers' incredible Prudence runner. Eric started one end of this years ago, tired of it and set it aside. Kathie purchased it an finished it up this year. A real labor of love. The photo doesn't do it justice.

Gorgeous classic Persian.

Diane Stoffel's amazing use of color and design in this small mat.

Guess that is enough for today. More to come later in the week.

Think I will head off to work on my rug for a little while after all this inspiration.

GRATITUDES:
A big fat Buddy asleep in my lap.
Fresh veggies....yum!
Air conditioning.

Take care,
Jennie









1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed your rug show and can't wait to see more. AGREED on the fresh veggies and A/C.

    Saundra

    ReplyDelete