Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Welcome 2014

2103 was a year of blessings and challenges for our family.  We learned a great deal about the value of life, loving one another and living each day, one at a time, treasuring each irregardless of what that day brought.  Some days were very difficult, some quite rewarding.  I can't say that I am not ready to see the New Year roll in.  I am more prepared for whatever God has in store for us.  I pray that you are looking forward to a year of grace and love, also.

On the quilting front........I have a 2014 Finish!!!  Woohoo!!!  Granted, it is only a binding, but is nice to have a UFO finish at the top of my 2014 list.

This is Holiday Inn, which was part of Jo's (Morton) Little Women Club back in 2009 (see this post).
I always liked it and I don't know why I didn't finish it.  Now I don't have to wonder.

I always thought that the wools in the center of this quilt actually glow.


In the spirit of the New Year, I reviewed my "Finishes" list from 2013.  There was a surprising total of 65 finishes of various types of needlework....some large, some small.  And there were actually 13 UFO finishes, along with lots of charity items.....both of which make me feel pleased.  My 2012 total was less that half of that, 31 projects.  I hope to keep up the momentum for this year.

The monthly TO DO list seemed to work well for me, so I will use it again this year, but with a somewhat different approach.  Last year it seemed that I had so many varying items on it at the beginning of the month that it was overwhelming.  This year I will start with just a few things, and add more as I accomplish the ones on the list.  And that doesn't mean that others might not get worked on without finishing what was on the list.  You know how that goes!

January's list:


I do hope to focus on using up stash and finishing more UFOs, though not exclusively. Going through my stash reminded me of the many great projects that I have on hand.  Things I really want to do.  I guess that cleaning the sewing room accomplished more than revamping my sewing space!

GRATITUDES:
A new year with a clean slate.
Traditional NY's dinner of pork, collards, black eyed peas and cornbread.
A 3# weight loss when I went to the doctor on Tuesday....how did that happen during the holiday season?

Take care,
Jennie

1 comment:

  1. That sure is one beautiful quilt! I agree that the center seems to be glowing! 65 finishes in something to celebrate! Wow! Maybe I should give this monthly list a try too... Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete