Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Comfort & Joy

Because of the positive influence of friend Debi, Block 1 of Comfort & Joy is done!


I am pretty pleased with the way it turned out. The appliqué is fusible (my favorite Soft Fuse by Stacy Michell) with black machine buttonhole stitch. With Debi's encouragement, I learned to use the Flying Geese ruler that has been in my possession for a very long time......what a difference that made.

It will be nice to have a night in my own bed tonight, then back to babysitting the grands for a couple more nights. DD1 and DSIL say that the weather in the Dominican Republic is lovely, accompanied by photos of them lounging by the pool......really?????  And we are freezing here in the Deep South.  Honestly, though, I am happy they could make this trip and more wonderful memories.

GRATITUDES:
Warm gloves.
Seat Warner's in our car.
No frozen pipes.

Take care,
Jennie



2 comments:

  1. You are off to a great start. Love your fabric choices too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennie, I love this block. Can you contact me at: orphansofwar@hotmail .com ? You won my giveaway on my blog, The Civil War Quilter!

    ReplyDelete