Saturday, February 21, 2009

Weekend!!

I am so glad that the w/e is here. It has been a long week, and I am ready for a weekend to do my own thing. The weather here is nippy, but gorgeous..........sun shining, gentle wind. The birds are busy at the feeders and the dogs are underfoot. It can't get much better, huh?


We had a great w/e flea marketing last w/e, and, of course, I came away with stuff. That's what you are supposed to do, right? Who could possibly resist that sad-eyed little "Japan" dog. And the sweet McCoy bird and Japan S&P are perfect for the basement. Have to decorate it, you know. Then there was this lovely little planter with a wispy trailing plant (I forgot to ask the name) that the lady assured me had very low light requirements. It is perfect on my kitchen island. Hope she was right about the light. Isn't the bird on the mini arbor too cute? I am obviously into birds....................





And this great ceiling tile, nicely rusted, perfectly matches my basement cabinets. And the Victorian dog print. Oh, my heart, I adore the old dog prints. Reasonable, too, with a nice frame. All in all, quite a successful day!!


On the home front, I whipped out a little Valentine kitchen towel. Nothing great, but cheerful and finished.
Last night was my Sew Crazy Stitching group. We started out doing Crazy Quilt, but now we just do whatever, eat and enjoy one another's company. I took my Primitive Gathering block and did some of the buttonhole stitching.
I have been fretting this week over the number of projects I have........both started and not. My Prim group on Yahoo assures me that I am not abnormal, and that helps. But the leader proposed a plan that was issued by a quilt shop involving working on ten projects, no more than three hours at a time. Sounded interesting and would work with my crafter's ADD . Think I will have to look that one over in more depth and see if it might work for me! For now, it is a nice shower and then to the sewing room to have fun!
Hope all have a lovely w/e wherever you are.




No comments:

Post a Comment