Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Goodbye August

Hard to believe that summer is almost done. It has been a much cooler and wetter summer than we have seen in a very long time. I’m not complaining. 

I have been thinking about what keeps me from blogging as often, and the main thing is having photos of what I am working on ready to use. I have decided that I need to be easier on myself and just use what I have. Popping in more frequently is better than a bunch of pics. And they certainly aren’t Instagram quality, but they are real. So, I will give a go at being easier on myself. 

Here is where I am on Woodland Santa….

That little bit of snow beside the beard is too bright white and will have to go. I am obviously procrastinating on starting his face. But I am pretty happy with my progress. 

This little fully finished xstitch is Gather by Pineberry Lane.

I received it as a part of the Quaint Lady club last year at Dyeing to Stitch.  It was beautifully finished by Faye Rigsbee. 

These little Blackbird Designs Christmas stockings have also been sent off to Faye for finishing, 







Fun little stitches. Can’t wait to see them all finished. 

Macy ran her first 5K with her HS Cross Country Team on
Saturday.

She not only finished, but had a decent time. And then she tested positive for Covid on Monday. So far she only has a headache and congestion. Since I stayed with her on Saturday night and Sunday, I am exposed. Fortunately I am vaccinated and feeling fine. 

Bid Day for Sara Ashley’s sorority. 


And Ashley is ready for her first grade class. 


Rob would have been fifty this month. Sure do miss this guy. 


So true♥️


Take Care,
Jennie









7 comments:

  1. Love, love, love your Woodland Santa. Cross stitch finishes are not too shabby, either!
    Great pics of the grands and your daughter. I am sure Rob is missed. Sending hugs.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Woodland Santa looks great and the fur trim on his coat looks so realistic. You're doing a great job. Lovely Christmas stitching also.

    So sorry that Macy got Covid. I hope that she will be all right. It's a good thing that you are fully vaccinated.

    I'm sorry for your loss. Is Rob your son? We miss our daughter Nicole. She died when she was only 50 and would have been 55 this summer. She was so full of life.

    Take care and blog when you can and don't stress. I love seeing what you do.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh....MY....!!!!! You're Woodland Santa is absolutely WONDERFUL!!! I'm in love. I know it sounds odd, but one of my favorite things about it is the floor. Yeah, I'm weird. I actually have a Santa hooking project on my dance card...but, EVERYTHING about it scares me... not just the face LOL. Love the little stocking stitches too.... Is your Faye "The Carolina Stitcher"?? I tried finding her but was having no luck....Saw a FB page, but there was no contact option. Oh well...., guess I will have to keep finishing my own stuff...or not ha ha. You have a lovely family...I am newish to your blog so do not know the story about Rob...but wishing him the happiest of celebrations in heaven. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so love those stockings. Would love to know where to get the patterns. So love your Woodland Santa...beard and all! Still need to finish my rug, but currently working on Santas for my store. Have to be ahead of the seasons. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so nice to see you posting again, Jennie! I always love seeing what you've created in your many varied crafts... Your Woodland Santa is delightful--love the colors and the little puppy he is holding. And your stitching is so pretty. Hope your granddaughter is loving Clemson; my nephew went there and thoroughly enjoyed his time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your post and your hand work. Was Rob your son? Hubby lost his son in 2015 and daughter last month, I lost my son in 2017. Do not remember so many young people passing at the prime of their lives, but it seems to be happening more and more. Take care and keep on posting no matter where you are In your projects. I really want to start doing cross stitch - have all the supplies, just need to do it. Only 3 more UFOs to complete and I will be caught up! Yea! Have a blessed Labor Day week-end. Hugs PS - Pretty grand daughter - happy to see her running but unhappy that she got COVID!

    ReplyDelete