Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Dogwood ATHA Christmas Luncheon

Last week the Dogwood ATHA Guild celebrated the Christmas season with a wonderful luncheon held at the Atlanta Country Club. 

Perhaps the best part was the Kim Nixon presentation. Two of her friends and students spoke of Kim’s legacy and brought rugs by both Kim and themselves, most of which were her patterns or were taught by her. In addition, several guild members brought rugs and footstools hooked in classes with Kim.

I have photos of many of them, but regret to say that I am not sure which belonged to whom. 


I do recall that these were hooked by Kim.


These two photos were of a footstool hooked to represent a church. Note the pennies around the skirt of the stool in the first photo.




These two pics were a stool hooked to look like a camper. There was even a little trailer hitch.


Other footstools....









Other rugs.....










And some beautiful braided rugs by one of the presenters....






Hope you enjoyed the show....I know that I did!

Couldn’t be truer!

Take Care,
Jennie

3 comments:

  1. Kim was a delightful and humble young woman taken much too early. She was also a good sharing teacher. I have a linen piece by her of those stair riser moon faces and so glad you posted them. Was wondering how she hooked hers as I couldn't find any photos from previous camps where she was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did enjoy the show!!! The braided rugs are exquisite. May your season be wonderful

    ReplyDelete