Wednesday, October 16, 2019

A New Distraction

I have added a lot of cross stitchers to my IG feed since working on my sampler. They are doing some really great things...beautiful reproduction samplers, cute seasonal goodies. And then I discovered Flosstubes. Flosstubes are hugely enabling You Tubes by cross stitchers covering countless subjects and sharing what they have finished as well as what they are working on and what they plan to work on. What an amazing rabbit hole to fall into. A little retail therapy has been one of the consequences. 

I already had Harvest’s Bounty by Scattered Seed Samplers kitted up. I used a lovely 36ct linen and the two colors of Weeks Dye Works called for. Looked like an easy weekend of stitching....and it was until I realized that the alphabet is one strand over one thread of the linen. 



With the help of my magnifier/lamp, it is coming along. Think I can be done by tonight. And then I will have to decide whether to frame it or stitch it up as a small pillow to go in my dough bowl.

The leaf rug was seeing good progress until I started the cross stitch, and I still see a finish by the end of the month.


October has proven to be an incredibly busy month with the MG Fall Plant Sale last weekend, my nursing school class reunion this weekend, ER Quarterly lunch yesterday and Fall Hook In the 25th. Not to mention the usual doctor, dentist, hair, etc. appointments. How did I ever find time to work...LOL. 

NHS celebrated homecoming last weekend. The current cheerleaders wore uniforms from the past. And cheerleaders from the past were invited to come down and cheer with them. That meant that Ashley and Macy got to cheer together....they said that it was so much fun! Memories being made.


Jackson got to walk in the parade for his school carrying a sign with Macy’s name on it because she was a cheerleader and had attended that school (an alumni of sorts;-). 


Christi and Sara Ashley visited University of Colorado at Boulder and Colorado State last weekend. 
Colorado is way too far away for her to go in my opinion. But she did love UC in Boulder. She is busy getting her application sent out to her top four choices.


Take care,
Jennie






2 comments:

  1. Neat memories and I absolutely love the new saying! Peace and Quiet, No Drama, Stress, Conflict! I want a year of that! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that leaf mat!!! And, I totally agree with that quote! :-)

    ReplyDelete