Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Caraway Rug School 2019

Well, another week at Caraway Rug School has come and gone. A year’s worth of anticipation is gone in the blink of an eye. My teacher this year was Lisanne Miller. Not only was she great at color planning, she provided us with lots of priceless info as she taught each day.

My intent was to hook a sweet little (8x17) rug that I could finish that week. But we all know about good intentions..... The week prior to school I saw Lisanne posting on FB that she was starting a new rug. I fell for the color plan immediately. The rest is history...lol. The pattern is 
Salina by Salma Dhanji and is 39x50. What was I thinking??

I hadn’t even brought my big frame.
These are so my colors.

This is my progress at the end of the week....


Now for the first part of the Rug Show. I apologize if you are unable to read the tags. Some folks didn’t use Sharpies and the writing didn’t show up well.






















More tomorrow.



Take Care,
Jennie 








2 comments:

  1. I always take two frames ~ one floor snap dragon for the class room and a smaller sit-upon for the sleeping room to work at night. So you are in it for the long haul for your delightful larger rug.
    Am looking forward to your progress photos.

    Enjoyed the rug show, I've seen that nice WWII veteran rug numerous times over the years. Looking forward to the next show. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennie,
    Your rug is going to be stunning. Wow!!! A far cry from the 8" x 17" mat you intended to hook...lol.
    Donna Hrkman's Veterans Day rug is one of my all time favorite rugs. I've seen it in person, and just want to cry every time I see it. God Bless our Veterans 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

    ReplyDelete