Wednesday, June 12, 2019

A Finish

Yes, just in time for me to take to Caraway Rug School for the rug show! And one of my goals finished for June. Not bad.

Doily, pattern by Michele Micarelli; teacher, Eric Sandberg; #6&8 wool strips on linen.

So, now I am back to this biggie....

And I am close. So close that I had thought that maybe, just maybe, I might have it done in time for Caraway, too. And I could get the hooking done, but not the finishing. Especially since I don’t know exactly where I am going with that. That is always the question, especially since that is my least favorite part.

Laura, Kathie and I will be off to Caraway on Sunday morning. Did I mention that I am excited??

Jackson’s 9u baseball team, the Force, ended their season with a championship win at The Shipyard in Charleston. Pretty exciting!

Love that smile.


And a few pics from my visit to Katielou’s Daylilies  last week with Blake and MG friends Melanie and Amy.












Over 700 varieties. Did I mention that I want them all?

Just saying...

Take Care,
Jennie 




4 comments:

  1. yep--been there also with cats--when I had them--they even had to be in the bathroom when I showered!!
    Love your rug work--
    and don't know if you would be interested or not--but I have 40 spools of wool Auriful thread to sell--
    can see them on a blog post --or let me know if you need more information--!
    luv, di

    ReplyDelete
  2. That doily rug is awesome, as is the present project. Totally understand binding being your LEAST favorite part of hooking and also find that each rug seems to need a different style of binding. Or at least the rugs I hook seem to tell (show) me what they need.

    Have fun at Caraway, my friend Evelyn is going and I'm jealous because she will be in Bev Conway's class and I haven't seen Bev in a few years. Be sure to tell us (me, lol) all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finish on the doily rug and you are so close to another finish!
    Oh, those daylilies are wonderful!!!
    Congrats to Jackson and his team.
    Have fun at Caraway and I LOVE that cartoon. That is my granddog when she is with me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful doily rug! I love the day lilies I have a purple one and a pink on can not remember the names but I am over the orange ones which I have a ton of.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete