This is Temecula Quilt Company’s First Friday quilt from 2016. It has been awaiting binding for several months and when I saw February coming to a close without a finish in sight, it seemed that this was the perfect project to give me one. It was made entirely from stash, including backing.
Someone else liked this quilt, too.
Even though this was my only finish, I wasn’t twiddling my thumbs. Got lots of bits and pieces done. This is the true story of an ADD crafter.
This rug is one of the few that I have hooked with a specific place in mind for it’s use.
Sunny Hill Farm is hooked and ready for binding. I will be trying Lauren’s (Rugs and Pugs) method which she so kindly shared on her blog post (link). So this should easily make for a March finish. And it isn’t a UFO, believe it or not.
I only have four Burgoyne Surrounded blocks left to make before I can set the center together and get on
to the appliqué.
I finally recalled that the reason I set this quilt aside was that I wasn’t in love with the reds. They still aren’t my favorite, but I love the pattern and want to see it done. With all of the appliqué in the borders, I won’t be finishing it anytime soon, but am happy to simply be making progress.
I had fallen behind on Milkweeds, so played three months worth of catch up in order to give me a total of four. Still have to finish up the little 3” pinwheels for the sashing.
I am adding old linen centers as in the original quilt.
I started a new BOM from Sarah Edgar at A Happy Little Place. It is called Liberty Periodical, and is a combo of appliqué and piecing using Liberty
fabrics. We chose our own background fabrics, and I went with this pale pink Moda Bella which is really nice to work with.
I will trim down the appliqué Block when they are all done. I love the simplicity and softness of these blocks.
Since you are probably on overload by now, I will finish up on February tomorrow.