Sunday, August 28, 2016

A Quick One

I have accomplished a good bit the past week, but haven't taken the time for photos.....which is my excuse for not blogging.

This afternoon I made the first block for the Magic of Christmas QAL from Lisa Bonjean's blog (Primitive Gatherings Quilt Shop). The idea was to choose between the two versions, Country vs. City.  I liked them both, but decided to order the solid Modas in the City version from PG and to shop my stash for the Country version. 

City version. Blocks finish at 6", and Lisa plans to have them all out there in plenty of time to finish before Christmas. The patterns are free on the blog for now.

My Country version.  I decided to flip the colors here, and I like the way it turned out. The lights will be scrappy and the red consistent.

Ready for the next one. These were quick to make and I hope to keep up.

Now, back to Cathedral Stars. Plan to get all of the rows put together this week.
I am really tired of this quilt, but I will plod on to a finish.

Will show a couple of other things I have done as soon as I get a chance to photograph them, but here is a hint....
This came from the FQS this week....
And these were inside ;-).

My sweet Buddy soaking up some rays.

Take care,
Jennie

4 comments:

  1. I like both the country and city versions also. But alas, I won't be starting them. Glad you were able to raid the stash and come up with a great combination. Dolly and I look forward to seeing the finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your country version star best. Love those fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I favor the country version, too.
    You always get so much done!!!
    Happy almost hump day :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete