In between gardening and family events, I had been able to squeeze a little prep work in. Allietaire is cut and ready to finish. I have cut quite a few Quilty 365 circles, though I am behind on stitching them.
Last night I decided to take advantage of what I had prepped and work on the Sarah Fielke BOM. First, though, I had to make the second month's 12" block. This required me making templates for some of the pieces.....something I hadn't done in many years. It was a bit time consuming, but the block was done before I went to bed last night. Not perfect, but pretty good, and measured out perfectly.
Today I decided to make the 22 remaining six inch stars. Sarah said that you could spread the construction of these out over several months, but I had them all cut and just decided to go for it.
I have the applique setting blocks prepped and ready to stitch, so will try to work on them this week, too. Month 3 consists of two fairly simple 12" applique blocks, so maybe I will catch up before Month 4 arrives at the end of this month.
On Thursday I started working towards my 50 Intern hours for Master Gardener by helping prepare for the annual plant sale.
We moved 6000 plants from the greenhouse to the sale site and set them up. It was fun, and I learned a lot, but have to admit, these old bones were weary at the end of the day.
I have been meaning to post this photo of the kids with Denise Jackson at the Can't Never Could Grey Matters Fundraiser.
The way I am greeted when I come home smelling like someone else's dog.