Friday, December 4, 2015

Hello


It has been over a month since I last posted. I have done many things, some of which I could talk about here and some not. The reality is, that I have spent the last month loving my family, coming to grips with a difficult reality, and finally moving forward again.

Those of you who have followed my blog may remember that my dear son in law was diagnosed with Glioblastoma, a Goliath of a brain tumor, back in August, 2013. With surgery, radiation and ongoing chemotherapy, he fought off this Goliath for 26 months. In October there was s spot on his MRI; in November it had doubled in size. On November 11th, he underwent a second brain surgery to remove the new tumor. The tumor has been sent for genetic biomarker testing, something not available at the time of his initial surgery, and the results will hopefully lead us to a therapy that will keep this monster at bay. Our family covets your prayers for Rob, Christi, Robert and Sara Ashley.


On a brighter note, Rob is feeling great and back to all of his normal activities except shooting, and that will come.

I have completed several projects and will try to get some photos to share in the next couple of days.  I do have one photo...

This is the TGV Shawl from a pattern on Ravelry. The fun yarn is Crazy Zauberball in a blue, green and aqua combo which I bought at a yarn shop in Knoxville, TN. I am making mine a bit larger to accommodate for my wide shoulders, and am almost ready to start the ribbing.
 


Take Care,
Jennie

5 comments:

  1. Jennie,
    I am sad to hear that Rob went through another surgery but happy to hear he is doing well. So scary for him and his beautiful family. I will keep you all in my prayers.
    Your knitting is beautiful!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jennie,
    Prayers for Rob, Christi, Robert and Sara Ashley. And for you, Jennie, and the rest of your family. Your knitting is beautiful. Glad you've been keeping your hands busy! xo jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a tough battle your family has had. I hope with the new things that are available since his first surgery and what is on the horizon, he will be able to have a long and productive life. My father died when I was 16 from a brain tumor. He had the tumor removed but it came right back. There were no treatments whatsoever at the time. Such progress has been made since then.

    ReplyDelete