Sunday, October 4, 2015

Slow Stitching

My Slow Stitching (click on button on sidebar to see what others are up to) for today was a little knitting on the Summertide MKAL. Wish I could say it is a relaxing knit, but it isn't for me. Am determined to finish it, as I know it will be lovely.

I am making progress on the Jen Kingwell quilt. Finished up the twelve Square in a Square blocks that alternate with the Irish Chain blocks that comprise the outer border.  Here is a photo of some of them together...

This will be a short week at home, as I am leaving for the Tennessee Rug Retreat on Thursday and will be there through Monday.  I still need to figure out what I want to work on and get it together. I have a busy three days ahead and am feeling pressed. I should have prepared this weekend. My sewing room looks like I feel..
Got to clean up this mess and get organized before I leave. Ugh....

Take Care,
Jennie

5 comments:

  1. So there you had to go and melt my heart. Isn't that the most adorable and sweet face!!!! Jennie I know what you mean about getting ready for camp. I've done that in the past and didn't feel prepared at all because everything was gathered up at the last minute. This year for Cape May I started gathering two weeks before and made a couple small wise wool changes just before I left. Am looking forward to your after class posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never find knitting restful, but am full of admiration for people who can do it. Yours is looking very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's hard to know what you'll need to take, so everything has to be seen :)
    Hope you have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the blocks on your red and white quilt

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have abandoned my Summertide for now. The colors were not speaking to me. Love your yarn. It was a more complicated design.

    ReplyDelete