This afternoon I decided to make one of the dog beds for our guys. A test of sorts, to see how they will hold up. A nice scrap of soft corduroy, batting and wool scraps made this bed. I think Daisy approves. And it is a lot cheaper than the last three they have torn to shreds.
This is what I am working on. I don't know exactly why, except that it was on top of the UFO stack in the cubby I opened at two a.m. the other morning when I couldn't sleep. It was a Thangles BOM from the long ago closed Heritage Quilts. Seems that a large number of my UFOs seem to be sampler quilts.
And this is the stack of quilts that are now home and awaiting binding....two of them are UFOs. The pink and green on the bottom is a rep weave rug for my kitchen that I wove last year and never did the finishing work.
Put up four quarts of okra for frying today. And readied fresh tomatoes, peas and okra for a big pot of homemade vegetable beef soup to cook in the crockpot tomorrow. This has been a busy week in the garden.
Sara Ashley will be staying from tomorrow till Saturday evening while the rest of her family is at Chrysalis, so there won't be much stitching going on here.
Tiny little chameleon lizards on my plants.
Serving a country meal that everyone enjoys.
Watermelons on our vines.