Wednesday, July 24, 2013

A Break........

from the wool appliqué resulted in getting these Kathy Schmitz embroidery blocks set into a cute wallhanging.  Glad to have these blocks set and off to Debi to be quilted (along with two UFOs).
Sorry, the photo is a bit blurry.


I was sad to learn that our LQS, Sewn with Luv, is going to be closing.  I certainly understand Kathleen's reasons, but I will miss her wonderful shop and delightful staff.  Fortunately, Kathleen is a fellow hooker and a part of our hooking group, so I will be able to continue to see her.

At Ann Lynn's I am weaving a Rep Weave rug for my kitchen.  It should be 36" x 54".  It was great to finally get the weaving started after weeks of winding the warp and getting the loom dressed.


Try as I might, I just don't seem to be able to take cute photos of my pups.  This is my little man, Rascal.  He looks a bit wistful, but in reality he is waiting for a treat.


Yesterday I crocheted another cap, and I am now working on a scarf.  I have two more skeins of yarn to work up before I am finished with this charity project.

Tonight we had Southern comfort food from the garden for dinner........peas, fried okra, sliced tomatoes, deviled eggs (from the peeps) along with cornbread and ham.  Yum.  No wonder I don't lose any weight.




GRATITUDES:
Lunch and laughter with a like-minded friend.
A retirement party for a friend and getting to see folks we haven't seen since our retirement.
Bare feet and painted toenails.

Take care,
Jennie



1 comment:

  1. I am trying to remember if I have this Kathy Schmitz stitchery pattern set. Makes a nice piece.

    ReplyDelete