Saturday, May 19, 2012

Oak Grove Plantation Garden Tour

Last Saturday Blake and I went to Oak Grove Plantation for a continental breakfast and Garden Tour.  It was wonderful.  We avoided the rain and it was not too hot.  The gardens were beautiful with  dozens of pathways and little vignettes amongst the natural looking plantings.....so many years of hard work and love are reflected in these gardens.   I was so inspired that I could hardly wait to get home and start digging.  We have worked on our property so much since the weather got pretty.......and have enjoyed every minute of it.  It does mean, however, that I don't get much else done.......like quilting, hooking and weaving.  Enough said......here are some photos of Oak Grove Plantation:


I know this isn't the garden, but I couldn't resist :-)












Then, on Sunday we celebrated Mother's Day here.  Blake cooked ribs and the girls furnished the sides.  Everything was perfect.......especially the company.  I am blessed to be the matriarch of our family.  It is very good.


I have been baking some bread.  My latest was this multigrain sourdough boule......yum.  I didn't take a photo, but it turned out exactly like the one in the recipe file.

We attended Macy's gymnastic recital this week, and today we joined the whole family in celebrating Macy's sixth and Jackson's third birthdays with a cookout at their home.  It is hard to believe they are growing up so fast.

Blake is an active member of the Coweta County Genealogical Society.  A good while back he asked me to make a quilt to be used as a fundraiser.  I thought it appropriate to use reproduction fabrics.  This is what I ended up with........the blocks are actually from a Little Quilts Second Saturday quilt started several years ago........the border with the applique is my design.


And this is the label I attached.  I signed the quilt on the front in a section of one of the blocks.


Past my bedtime........you know, I get up with the chickens now :-)

GRATITUDES:
The beauty of nature.
Family.
The excitement and innocence of a child's birthday party.

Take care,
Jennie

No comments:

Post a Comment