Sunday, February 12, 2012

Lazy day......

It is cold outside....after all of the spring-like weather, we had gotten spoiled.  At least the sun is shining and it isn't quite so windy today.  It is a good day to be lazy.....which is exactly what is happening here.  We came home from church, ate leftover chili and have just been taking it easy!

I have been enjoying hand quilting the little Crosses Mourning Quilt.  I rarely hand quilt anymore, and I have never been a pro at it.  The truth is, though, that it is quite enjoyable if you just relax and let your stitches be what they are, knowing that they improve as you go along.  This thimble is my favorite, though now that I have lost weight, it needs a bit of adjusting.  The other thing that I swear by is the little pair of jewelry pliers that are in this photo.  Before I got them, I must have worn a gazillion finger cots out trying to pull my loaded needle through.  These little guys are perfect for the job.  I got both the thimble and the little pliers at the East Cobb Quilt Show a few years ago from Thimbles Plus.



This week I went to Lowe's to pick up some paint.  I can never resist a trip to the garden center, even in the middle of winter.  I picked up two Carolina jasmine plants to go on the big fence at the garden.  While there, I always have to check out the sale racks.  I have gotten some really nice plants (in need of just a little TLC) there over the years.  This time I found this sweet little cyclamen plant......for 75 cents!  People around here consider them annuals, but I have always had good luck with them as houseplants.  This one just needs repotting and he will be fine.


If you remember from this post, we had a nice crop of collards in our garden.  They have continued to supply us, family and friends with fresh greens all winter.  Yesterday Becky and Christopher came by and picked some.  And these were cooking on our stove this week....good ole Southern fare, with a hot skillet of cornbread......YUM!!!


Think I will sign off now and go pull up a few loops on the little Persian rug.

GRATITUDES:
Emails from friends.
Lazy days.
A beautiful voice singing one of my favorite hymns, "How Great Thou Art".

Take care,
Jennie

No comments:

Post a Comment