Saturday, February 25, 2012

I promised you chickens.....

and I won't let you down!!  It was really hard to take good photos through the cage wires, but honestly, these chickens are the cutest and most handsome things!!  I wish I could remember the names of the varieties here....they sound very exotic.  When I have my very own flock of girls I will learn.  I hope to have a start on the coop soon.  I will definitely keep you posted!




As for now, I will have to settle for this fellow......a birthday gift from a girlfriend many years ago.  I believe that he will be the only rooster on this farm!


On Friday the Sew Crazies met at our LQS, Sewn with Luv, where the lovely owner, Kathleen, so generously allows us to meet and generally kick up a commotion in her shop with all of our laughter and teasing.  I am not totally sure that her customers know quite what to think of us.....but I think that they are sure we are having fun.  We continue to work on our QOV projects.  Kathleen donated this great kit with a preprinted panel in the Seven Sisters pattern.  I brought it home to add the borders....should be a quick do!


This week I completed the Disappearing 4 Patch top, which is now destined to be a donation quilt for one of the Sew Crazie's charities.  It was fun to put together, and I have a gazillion more of the blocks.  I must have thought I was making 3 king sized tops, honestly.  It is not the most gorgeous thing I ever saw......it is kind of psychedelic but it is done, a lot of stash was busted and it will go for a good cause.


I also completed this little stitchery from Summer Gatherings.  The applique is wool with Valdani floss. The lettering was done with one strand of DMC.


The really good thing is that it calls for a standard 8" x 10" frame.....so, I was off to Goodwill for that.  I found this ratty looking frame, already nicely distressed........all I need to do is paint it and distress a little more.  The price was right at two bucks.


Also worked on some other things, which I will share in another post.

The new arbor and fence got painted and now awaits some plantings to tie it to the site.



 This post went on forever, sorry.  I suspect you are on overload at this point.  Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

GRATITUDES:
Hopes and dreams......and the realization that they don't all need to come true for me to be truly happy.....I already am.
Family safely home from their respective Winter Breaks.
Warm slippers.
The laughter and camaraderie of friends.

Take care,
Jennie

3 comments:

  1. I love that chicken at the top- the black and white one! Love you too! Christi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I will get a black and white one just for you!!!

      Delete