Tuesday, December 27, 2011

On a roll.......


Yesterday we finished up our family Christmas celebrations by having Blake's family over.  It was a great day and I love having everyone together, but I have to say, I am glad that the major cooking is over.  


I have one more get together on Friday.........some of my hooking buddies.........but we are going to be laid back, watch a movie, have a casual lunch and hook.  Sounds like fun!

Boy, have I been on a roll the past three days!  If I could accomplish this much every week, my stash would definitely dwindle.............of course, part of this was near completion anyway, but it had been that way for a LONG time :-).  First of all, I finished a Pink and Brown Thangles BOM that I started maybe five or six years ago.  It only needed the outer brown border; I pieced the backing and have the binding cut.


 I made this pretty brown quilt called Tobacco Rose.......it is a panel, and I ordered it from Country Sampler.  I only had to trim the panel and add the borders, but I love the colors in it and how it looks as though it has been feather stitched.  And, of course, I had to make the sweet little matching pillow to go with it.  Backing pieced and binding cut on this one, also.  Then I finished the flying geese and outside border on Holiday Inn (a Jo Morton pattern that I had started a couple of years ago)!  The appliqiue is wool, and I love all of the fabrics, so I don't know why it took me so long to finish.  

The next quilt top is one that I pieced earlier in the year from my stash.  It uses the Covey toile by Jo Morton and is made from my stash......I just made up the pattern.  It is one of Blake's favorites.  Now I  need to get all of these quilted.  But at least the tops are done.  I really feel as if I have accomplished a lot.  Just hope I can keep the momentum up!  I am not going to set any hard and fast rules or resolutions about finishing UFOs or projects on hand for the NY.......just that I want to whittle away at some of the things I have stockpiled for so long.  After all, I am retired :-)  No excuses anymore.





I think that I am going to do the little Twelve Days of Christmas block of the day by Temecula Quilt Company.  I will probably use some of my Jo fabric left over from Holiday Inn......every little bit of fabric used up is good!

More later,
Jennie

No comments:

Post a Comment