Saturday, December 24, 2011

Let's try this again...........

No posts in over a year!!  OH, my........ so much has happened.  The biggest event being my retirement at the end of August!!!  I am so thrilled to be retired and enjoying every minute more than I could have ever imagined.  One thing, though........where does the time go?  And like my fellow retirees had warned me, how did I ever have time to work????  And why am I not getting everything on my "to do" list done?  Well, I am not quite sure, but I can tell you that I am so much more relaxed and am truly enjoying life......along with Blake, who retired the month before me.




The Christmas season has been so much more fun this year......a little rushing around, but not much.  And time to cook and enjoy being with everyone.  We had Christmas with my family on Sunday, and Blake's family will be here on Monday.  Yesterday we spent time with my sister, her husband and my niece and made a visit to my mom's grave.  Lots of parties, and communion at church tonight.  A most wonderful time of the year!  I hope it has been for everyone else, too!!

I have gotten some stitching done this month..... knitted a scarf for Sara Ashley, binding on a quilt that was quilted months ago, a tiny tree skirt for my feather tree and four team pillowcases for the guys on my finished list.  And work on some other "in progress" projects.  My intent is to enter the NY with a big bang and make a major dent in my stash and UFOs.  We will see.........at any rate, I plan to enjoy what I do.

Merry Christmas to all!!!!
Jennie

No comments:

Post a Comment