Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Happy 50th

Last night we celebrated DD1’s 50th birthday here at our home with her requested chicken enchilada dinner and all the fixings along with seven layer white cake with chocolate frosting.

Both of her children came home from college to help celebrate.

Can’t believe she is fifty!! Where does the time go?

It is cold here in Georgia, but this ornamental cabbage is still pretty in our yard.


I made some progress on Burnham 64....


And pulled fabrics for the #fqsquiltalong. I am stitching the #ladiesaidquilt from the #classicandvintage collection. I will be using random civil war reproduction fabrics from stash.


This girl is growing up right before our eyes...she is now taller than me!!


I resemble this.....haha....


Take care,
Jennie






9 comments:

  1. happy Birthday to your daughter! time does fly and you do wonder where it went.
    I love your rug and the quilt sounds wonderful.
    cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful family, delicious looking cake but would forgo the dessert for a second helping of the chicken enchilada meal. The last cartoon fits me perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your daughter, she' a beauty. The cake looks delicious. I love the last photo and can relate. lol.
    Your lovely rug is coming along beautifully.
    Take care and stay safe and well.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your family is so beautiful. You don't look old enough to have a 50 year old, and she doesn't look 50. I am that cartoon...lol Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jennie! So nice to find your blog--thank you for visiting me at mine :) What a lovely family you have--I can imagine it's hard to believe your daughter is 50! My oldest son is approaching 40 and I'm in shock. We can't possibly be old enough to have kids that age, can we? Your rug is gorgeous--what a work of art! Looking forward to visiting again and watching it grow! Take care now ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday to your beautiful young daughter! Age is just a number. Your rug is simply gorgeous and I so love the colors!!! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy 50 to DD#1! Beautiful rug in progress and that cabbage is so pretty....I never think to plant those...maybe this fall.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy (by now belated) Birthday to your lovely daughter. I agree with Cathy....she does not look 50 and you do not look old enough to have a 50-year old daughter. Beautiful photo! I was just thinking I had to make some chicken enchiladas....but I might let Saundra have my share if I can have her cake LOL. What's between all the layers?? Your making good progress on the rug....and I love the name of that quilt. I haven't heard the term "Ladies Aid" for a long, long, time LOL. Cold here too.... ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thought I left a comment but must be imagining :)
    As I've said many times, such beautiful family pictures.
    Happy belated birthday to Christi.

    ReplyDelete