Sunday, November 1, 2020

A Quick Sunday Update

I should have been posting a hand appliquéd Mary Brown block today, but for the second month in a row that isn’t happening. I love that quilt and have got to get back in the groove. Honestly, I haven’t worked on any quilting the past two months. No reason, really, just haven’t.

I am working on two rugs in my classes with Lisanne. 
This one is a wide cut primitive called Small Frost. It is a pretty good sized rug and I still have quite a bit to go.


Next is a Santa which, when finished will be mounted on an old primitive cabinet door (see below). This is only the face, but he has a full body and is probably 36” tall. 

This is my first face, and isn’t very painterly, but I am not ripping it out again. The cuffs and cap brim are burly spun yarn, and the moustache and eyebrows are wool strips which have been sculpted.  This is also the fourth and final go at the eyebrows. Done.


The cabinet door I found. It’s hard to tell, but the panels are punched tin.

And for Fall, to replace the Halloween stitching, Quaker Pumpkin by The Stitcherhood.  32 count Weeks Straw, Victorian Motto Shoppe flosses stitched two over two.

I like this one and will hopefully get it finished in the next couple of days. However, there’s lots going on this week.

Sara Ashley had fun with her sorority sisters and friends for Halloween.

Obviously off campus, as masks are required on campus. She is home for a couple of days and I am having the whole family for dinner tomorrow. Excited. I miss this girl.


This guy has taken me for a merry ride lately. Can I send him to you????

Take Care,
Jennie


3 comments:

  1. wonderful job on both of those rugs!
    cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my stars! Your rugs are both wonderful. You found the perfect door on which to mount Santa.
    Sara Ashley looks like she is enjoying Clemson!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Jennie.... I am new to your blog...and here on the recommendation of my dear "twin" Lauren LOL. We got to chatting about fellow bloggers (as it seems we're a dwindling breed) and she said you're a hooker and stitcher also....so here I am...and loving what I see! I think you did an incredible job on Santa's face!! I don't believe I have ever hooked a face....I sorta avoid them like the plague LOL. Looking forward to getting to know you! ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete