Friday, September 25, 2020

I’ve Been Busy!!

It’s been a busy week. Not quite sure what has spurred me on to get this much done. Perhaps the change in weather? Whatever, I’m not complaining.

I’ve finished off a couple of hooking projects including binding!!! And moved another forward.

This is Spring, and I have made good progress on it.

This photo is a little dark, but the colors are pretty soft.

Next up, Indian Corn, a pattern from Cushing, taught on Zoom by Lisanne Miller. 

Blocked and bound....woohoo!

Next up is Scaredy Cat, a free pattern by Lindsay Bowles, found here.

Friend Lauren at Rugs and Pugs shared the link and hooked her own adorable version.

Today I played catch up on weeks 6-8 of the free Snowdrift runner by Kathy Schmitz.



Less than perfect stitching, but I guess it’s an overall effect. Kathy’s stitches aren’t perfect either and she says that’s fine.

I fully finished these two cross stitch berries that were the first two issues of the Dyeing to Stitch Berry Club.





I used Vonna Pfeiffer’s finishing instructions. The berry patterns are by Erica Michaels and are her Quaker Berries.

I ordered this wonderful little shaker pincushion from NHShaker Shop on Etsy.

And I love the spiderweb on top.

Macy has really become a young lady. She is a freshman in HS this year. 

She is attending virtually, but still cheers at HS football games. Seems rather odd to me.



Take Care,
Jennie


4 comments:

  1. Yes you have been exceedingly busy. Love your new rug in progress and can't believe how perfect the corn came out by using just textured wool. Macy is a beautiful young lady and bet her father is smiling down in pride. OMG, perfect cartoon and so true ~ they are wonderful loving creatures and would be preapproved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love love that cartoon--thanks-
    Lots of neat work-
    pretty girl, Macy--
    luv, di

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have gotten into the cross stitch berries....but already made ones. I have three now. Love them. I did purchase a couple patterns to make my own but don't have fabric to do them on. It is hard to choose them online.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Macy looks very mature for a freshman! I love your Kathy's Snowdrift project. I've gotten all the patterns, but haven't started any new needlework projects this year. Love that cartoon!

    ReplyDelete