Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Cross Stitch, Hooking, Etc.

More days of gardening, cooking, eating, stitching, Prime movies and generally just wondering what day it is. I must admit that I am enjoying the slowed pace, but there are things that I do miss. Like eating out, family and friend contact and running to the nursery to select plants for that perfect spot. But we are well, and life is good. 

On the hooking front I only made the tiniest bit of progress. A little more background on The Reader.


Cross stitching got a bit more effort, as that is what I do at night when watching a movie with Blake.

I have finished six of the eight Prairie Schooler Santas from this leaflet.

I have done one a month since January, which is my goal. They will become ornaments, hopefully before  Christmas.


Next up is the Ann Roberts stitch along. I am up to date through March with a little extra to spare.


Then there is Berry Thief Pinkeep,  which was from a previous year’s Scattered Seed Sampler Club. Here it is before assembly.

And here it is after.

It was my first try at constructing a berry pinkeep, and I am pretty pleased with how it turned out. I followed Vonna The Twisted Stitcher’s video tutorial, which was a big help.

Top. The charm was silver, but I tinted it a bronze color to match better.

Feather stitching down back. It is stuffed with crushed walnut shells from PetSmart.
I want to make a whole bowl of berries, so successfully constructing one was a big step forward.

Next up is my coronavirus stitch. Everyone needs one, right?? To be able to say “This is what I stitched during the Pandemic of 2020”.
I chose “My Heart Can Rest”, one of Blackbird Designs’ 2020 market releases, here....

This is my start. Parchment 40 ct linen with called for overdyed flosses. A sweet and pleasant stitch...nothing too difficult.


Lastly on the cross stitch front is Martha Scott by Gigi R. 
I had made a start on her, but set her aside for the pandemic stitch.


My birthday was April 8th, and my girls treated me to birthday cake in Ashley’s backyard. Except for these photos, we were pretty good about social distancing.

It was wonderful to be with my family,  even though we didn’t touch. The cake was delish, too.


This pretty little rose is truly an antique. We moved it from hubby’s aunt’s yard.

Such sweet little blooms.


So that’s about it for today.


Stay safe and take care,
Jennie



4 comments:

  1. My Heart Can Rest will be a beautiful piece. Are you one of those that days Stitch Maynia with 30 starts in one month?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's not to love about this post? Your hooking, all your cross stitch, that wonderful strawberry finish. And that rose. WOW! I have a green thumb but no luck with roses. It is gorgeous.
    Speaking of gorgeous ~ that describes your family perfectly.
    Be safe and stay healthy.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hooked piece is wonderful and hope you hang it in a prominent place where you can enjoy it often during the day. The pin keep turned out nicely and boy you have a lot of cross stitch UFOs going on. While I understand cross stitch is more mobile than rug hooking it seems to tedious for me.

    Happy Birthday!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very Happy Birthday to you!!! Love that little Berry Thief berry....and My Heart Can Rest is stitching along nicely! Stay well!

    ReplyDelete