Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Resolve

I have come to realize that I am sorely lacking in resolve. The online dictionary defines resolve as “Firm determination to do something”.  I cannot tell you how many times I have resolved to not have so many projects in the works. Obviously my resolve is overpowered by the lure of new fabrics, favorite patterns and intriguing techniques. I continually fall down the rabbit hole of internet shopping, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook. All of this to say that, yes, I have been sucked down once more.

I had resolved that I would not be tempted by any of the holiday quilt alongs. Too many irons in the fire, you know. And when 
Temecula Quilt Company came out with their Secret Santa Sew Along, I knew it would be cute, but I passed it by. Didn’t even so much as glance at the steps as they posted on their blog. And then one sleepless night in the wee morning hours, I saw someone’s post with the finished product....




And before I knew it, there were stacks of fabric in reds, greens and creams (all from stash, mind you),waiting on the cutting table for yet another start. Resolve, out the door you go once more.

On a brighter note, Step Five of the six steps is cut and ready to stitch.


Month Two of Pretty Priscilla was completed....
Just in time!

This arrived in the mail the very next day!



I am really loving the fabric choices and the inviting presentation of this BOM from Pretty Fabrics and Trims.

Poor little Casper was attacked by a neighbor’s dog last week (yes, our county does have a leash law and our dogs stay contained with an invisible fence). He had to have sutures in his ear and was pretty pitiful.

Thank goodness it wasn’t worse. He is healing nicely and back to his perky little self.


Time to get ready for our annual Happy Hookers Christmas Party at Kathie’s. Hope all of you are having a great week.

From Bonnie Hunter...


Take Care,
Jennie 


3 comments:

  1. Be still, my ❤️. What a beautiful quilt. I can see why you succumbed to the temptation.
    Poor little Casper. I am happy his injuries weren't worse. Sending healing hugs and an extra treat from Ernestine in Ohio.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you have started the Christmas sew along. I've downloaded it. Maybe ready for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We share the same affliction! I blame the designers for dreaming up these tempting projects. You do marvellous piecing ...I strive to be as accurate. And little Casper thankfully healing.

    ReplyDelete